Function Area: Anesthesia
Designation: Medical Officer
Uttar Pradesh National Health Mission (UPNHM), is launching an ambitious drive to fill 250+ service locations for Specialist Anaesthetists, that exist at District Hospitals, Sub–District Hospitals, Community Health Centres and First Referral Units across Uttar Pradesh. For more information please visit www.sams.co.in and www.upnrhm.gov.in
SCOPE OF WORK
Multiple Service Locations for Specialist Anaesthetists, Uttar Pradesh National Health Mission (UPNHM), across Uttar Pradesh
1. SERVICE LOCATIONS: Specialist Anaesthetists, Uttar Pradesh National Health Mission (UPNHM), Multiple Service Locations across Uttar Pradesh (approx. 268 service locations)
2.Â ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
The National Health Mission (NHM) was launched with a view to bringing about dramatic improvements to the health system and health status of people, especially those who live in the rural areas of the country. The Mission seeks to provide universal access to equitable, affordable and quality health care which is accountable at the same time responsive to the needs of the people, reduction of child and maternal deaths as well as population stabilization, gender and demographic balance. A key impediment to the fulfilment of these objectives comprises the large number of unfilled service locations for Specialist Doctors at government healthcare service delivery points at all levels.
Uttar Pradesh National Health Mission (UPNHM), is launching an ambitious drive to fill Â 250+ service locations for Specialist Anaesthetists, that exist at District Hospitals, SubâDistrict Hospitals, Community Health Centres and First Referral Units across Uttar Pradesh.
For more information please visit www.sams.co.in and www.upnrhm.gov.inÂ Â
3. Scope of Work:
The Specialist Anaesthetist shall be responsible for administering anaesthesia to Caesarean Cases on priority and other surgical procedures, as necessary.
(1) Ensure that sick patients under her/his care are properly treated and cared for in every way;
(2) Visit patients admitted under specialty treatment under her/him in the hospital, twice a day;
(3) Ensure that each patient under her/his care, has got a bed-head ticket, on which all instructions regarding diet and treatment and complete details about the patientâs medical history and diagnosis, are recorded;
(4) Provision of due care of patients in all regards, ensuring that the same is of good quality. S/he must report all observed deficiencies in writing, to the Officers-in-charge of the Hospital viz. Â Superintendent / Senior-most Medical Officer in-charge;
(5) Obey orders of the Chief Medical Officer/ Chief Medical Superintendent, Senior Medical Officer in-charge, on all matters connected with the patient and management of the Hospital/ Dispensary/ Health Center;
(6) Ensure that all instructions written by her/him on the bed-head ticket/ OPD-ticket are strictly complied with by concerned staff, reporting any laxity or carelessness to the Officer-in-charge of the Hospital/ FRU/ CHC, for appropriate action;
(7) Ensure her/his attendance and availability at the CHC/ Hospital, during prescribed working hours, as well as during emergency duty hours, as ordered. S/he must also ensure availability to hospital over the residential landline/ mobile, whenever necessary;
(8) S/he shall be responsible for all the special cases referred to her/him, providing curative prescription/ surgeries, based on need, emergency and availability of resources, or refer such cases to the nearest specialty hospital;
(9) Ensure that all instruments or equipments of the Hospital/ CHC kept under her/his charge, are carefully stored and guarded against deterioration from whatever cause;
(10) Submit all indents and reports to the Officer-in-charge /Superintendent of the hospital/ CHC, on the prescribed date and time;
(11) Write-up all books and records as directed by the Superintendent /Senior-Most Medical Officer in-charge of Hospital /Community Health Centres;
(a) Â Check and verify the diet register from vouchers once a month and ensure that the Steward/ Dietician/ Store Keeper/ Senior Pharmacist, writes the diet register correctly
(b) Superintendent / Medical Officer in-charge of the Hospital shall check the monthly abstract register prepared by the Senior Pharmacist/ Dietician, once a month.
(12) Ensure compliance with the prescribed procedure for Dying Declaration, provided in para 432 of the UP Medical Manual;
(13) Ensure that a correct copy of the prescription is kept in a special register and initialed daily by the Officer of the subordinate issuing prescriptions;
(14) Punctually attend OPD and OT sessions;
(15) Any additional responsibility, as assigned by the Head of the Department.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES:Â
MBBS with Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma in the specified specialty, from a recognized University. MBBS registration with UP Medical Council should be obtained within one month of association.
Qualified bidders with no post-qualification experience are welcome to apply. Â
5. SERVICE LOCATIONS:
Multiple service locations at District Hospitals, SubâDistrict Hospitals, Community Health Centres and First Referral Units across Uttar Pradesh.
6. SERVICE AGREEMENT AND PERIOD:
Selected bidders shall be awarded a service agreement, initially for a period of one year, extendable thereafter, based on performance and subject to further approval, by the Government of UP.
7. FEE OFFERED:
Offered fee shall be based on a competitive bidding process. The bidders offering the most competitive financial bid for a specific service location shall be offered a service agreement.
8. REFERENCE: ANT-NHM
9. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phones: 011-2684-2162; 011-4165-3612; 011-4101-1564 and 011-4101-1565
10. LAST DATE FOR BID:
Eligible bidders interested in this service location are required to visit www.sams.co.in or www.upnrhm.gov.in to register themselves, fill the prescribed form and submit their financial bids.
Bid shall be accepted for a period of 20 days from the date of publication of the press advertisement. Next bidding cycle shall start after 10 days of completion of first cycle.